"My life is not an easy one"
My name is Patricia, I'm from Venezuela and on this blog you'll find mostly films, books, comics, random stuff etc, etc, etc. Nothing out of this world, really.
That being said, have a look around.
Five things to remember when a horrid day is beating you into the ground:
- Trees grow outwards, rings upon rings. Allow yourself to spread that quietly. One day you’ll look back and be astonished by how far you’ve come.
- We power our lives with the remains of dinosaurs. People will remind you that the dinosaurs are dead but I think it’s pretty cool that there’s enough life in them to give you a shower hot enough to burn.
- You’ll have a lot of chances to start again. It’s okay to never take them.
- Some scientists figured out how to play god with genes and out of all the endless possibilities available to them they decided to make rabbits glow in the dark.
- You are stars and sea and your heritage stretches back to the very first life form. Never believe that you are nothing.
We wish our warrior ancestor Nina Simone a Happy Birthday today on February 21st!
Nina Simone was a voice for Black liberation during the Civil Rights Movement. She carried the legacy of her ancestors forward through her music and is known today as a revolutionary sister in the struggle for freedom.
To demonstrate her fearlessness, Simone once said this before performing her song “To Be Young, Gifted, and Black.”
This is not addressed primarily to white people. It does not put you down in anyway. It simply ignores you, for my people need all the inspiration and love that they can get.
Christina Aguilera hailing a cab: "heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!”
I’M ON THE DAMN FLOOR LAUGHING.
“Acting is not about being someone different. It’s finding the similarity in what is apparently different, then finding myself in there”
Can’t even explain how major my Meryl crush is.
One does not see a 30-year-spanning Meryl Streep post and NOT reblog!